5/28/12

All Framed Out

Last week, when I stopped by the house the construction crew was working on framing the second floor. I showed you a few pictures of the newly framed first floor then.

This week, I swung on by the house to give Mr. C a check. A big check. No, not the kind they used to deliver to your house if you won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. (Does this still happen?)

(Anyone else going to miss Kristen Wiig on SNL?!)

When I say a big check I mean BIG as in the largest numerical check I've ever written. It certainly felt a little like playing with pretend money but, exciting all the same.

While, handing over said check I got a chance to see (and snap pics of) the house.

Here are a few more pictures of the first floor:
This is the dining area and door out to the rear "patio".

From the kitchen looking at the living room. Old sally port on left, window center, and front door on the right.

View of the garage from the mud room.

Looking up from the rear "patio" to the master bedroom.



Next, I climbed the ladder (no stairs yet) to the second floor. The old "shell" was too damaged to venture in. So, this was the first time I've been able to see the house and our views from these vantage points. Very exciting!


This is one of the bedrooms.

Here is the other.  The second floor has high sloped ceilings that are going to be amazing!

It may be difficult to tell because things were a bit cramped but, this is the second full bathroom.

Here is the master bathroom. The vanity and toilet latrine (lets class it up a little) will be to the right. The half wall in the center of the photo separates the big walk-in shower. On the far left side is the master bedroom.

Speaking of the master bedroom. 

Ta da!


It was hard to capture the entire room because it is so long (close to 24'). But, I did manage to squeeze in all three glorious windows!

I spy with my little eye something GREEN

It's not the tree that once stood in the rear of our house but, it still makes me happy.


Something else that makes me happy is walk-in closets!
View #1


View #2

Try not to be too distracted by the 'sexy and he knows it' construction dude.


Thinking that maybe this is where the old garage doors should go? We could convert them into sliding closet doors like I showed you here.


As we near the end of the all framed out house tour I decided to save the best picture for last. It's a picture of where the stairs will be. 


But first, a little info: The stairs will be centered in the heart of the house. You will come up from the first floor there and be able to head to the roof top deck (RTD) there. That means the RTD will be accessed internally. A little something special in the land of city living as most RTDs are accessed via a deck off of the rear of the house. In our case, that would mean if people wanted to head outside they would have to tromp through our bedroom. Most likely carrying food and drinks out and tracking dirt and water in. Sounds like a recipe for a messy disaster/lack of privacy. So, internal access is a huge bonus!


I'll let you in on a little secret; H and I weren't positive that we would be able to get the RTD ($$$). But, we are officially getting one. Alleluia! More outdoor space! More light brought into the house (because of the proposed glass door and window)! More places to enjoy a frosty beverage!  More views to take in (city-scape, water?, parks?, fireworks?)! More places to share laughs with friends and family! More places to tell the tales of a cowgirl living in the big city.


Oh, sorry, I think I got lost in my daydream there. At long last, please, feast your eyes on this.




Can't you just hear the angels singing down from above?!
"ahhhh"

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable. Looks so cool, but Why is Maui upside down in the floor plan scheamatic (sp).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floor plans are viewed from above El Jimbo. She just happens to be sunning herself.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for a RTD! Can't wait to come visit someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking amazing! Kimmie

    ReplyDelete