5/30/12

Take A Bite Out Of...


Exciting news! 

No, the house isn't finished. 
No, we didn't get a puppy.
No, we aren't expecting.
No, we didn't win the lottery. 

Sheesh, you aren't very good at this guessing game.

What's exciting is that I made the Annapolis crime map! 

My waSaabi was broken into last week. In case you missed it or need to jog your memory, you can jump back here.

Below, is a picture of the Annapolis Crime Map website. My crime is flagged by one of those little blue men doing the robot dance across the city. 

Until this week, I didn't even know that Annapolis had a crime map. Silly me thought crime maps were reserved for larger cities like, Baltimore and Washington DC. 


In comparison, the Baltimore Crime Map is shown below. This is a website that I typically check a few times a week. Mostly because I like to torture myself. 


As I mentioned here, Baltimore was rated the eight most dangerous city in the US last year by the FBI.


Super.


If you notice, there is a lot of pink in Baltimore, 100% more pink than in Annapolis, in fact. 
Pink ≠ Flowers, lemonade stands, or candy stores.
Pink = Bad. 
Pink = Shootings (or sometimes stabbings)

There wasn't much pink near the location of our new house until earlier this month. Boo. 
If you don't already know which block we will be moving to and you would like to, please email me. Happy to fill you in. Then you can type the address into the site using the link above and get excited to come visit. Don't forget to pack your Kevlar. 


Special note to our parents: you may want to pretend like you never saw this.

No comments:

Post a Comment