5/23/12

Hot WaSaabi

Two things I am diligent about doing: hiding the goods I have in my car (if I even have any in there in the first place) and locking my car doors. Something I got into the habit of doing when I was 16 and started driving. Even when I was parked at home, wayyy off the beaten path (where being charged by a mama moose was much more likely than being robbed). One of my little OCD traits I suppose. 

So, yesterday morning, I was pretty surprised when I woke up to find my driver's door slightly ajar. At first I thought H had to grab the EZ Pass or something and forgot to shut it all the way.

Until I saw this.
 
OCD me would never leave my car in this state and my rather well trained H would certainly not purposefully rock the marital boat by rand-sacking my car so, I knew something was up.


Oddly, neither H, nor myself, nor any of our neighbors heard my car alarm going off last night and there were no signs of forced entry (thankfully). I do not believe this burglar was cleaver enough to break in without a little dumb luck. One of my rear door's locking mechanism works when it feels like it. I (again) am pretty diligent about making sure this locks but, I may have missed it just this once (dang!). The night before H and I returned from a long weekend visiting family. My exhaustion may have gotten the best of me.


So, why don't I think that this was the brightest robber on the burglary tree? Well, here is a list of my reasons why.


Things the robber took of mine:

  • $60-$80 uncirculated dollar bills (Santa always brings a pad of $100 dollar bills when we are visiting H's hometown for Christmas, funny he never did this in Wyoming -silly Santa)

Things the robber left of mine:

  • GPS
  • Digital camera
  • Patagonia jacket
  • Maui Jim sunglasses (2) 
  • EZ Pass
  • Car



Things the robber left of his:


That my friends is a KA-BAR knife with a 7" blade. It looked like this (I peeked when the cop took it out of its sleeve). 
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside now doesn't it?!

The police officers took a lot of photos, fingerprints, and of course the KA-BAR. The crime lab will process the knife, take more fingerprints and DNA (it was dirty, ew).

At least it was a beautiful morning for some fingerprint dusting. Which, is rather messy by the way, had to take my lil WaSaabi to the car wash so I didn't continue to get fingerprint powder all over myself.


I'll leave you with a little exchange I had with the nice police officer.


PO: Are you from around here?
SL: No Sir, I am from Wyoming. So, this is my first robbery.
PO: Well, hopefully it will be your last.
SL: I hope so too but, my husband and I are moving to Baltimore soon.
PO: In that case, this wont be your last.


Awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG Lock that car. And, by the way, which car gets the new garage in Baltimore and who is on the street ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha will be parking in the garage. Don't need the wife wandering the dark streets of baltimore if we don't have too. And as you may know I have the ability to defend myself. We Peery's are tough.

    ReplyDelete