5/6/12

Paint Chips

Are you curious to find out what the garage will look like in the end? Knowing that you are on the edge of your seat and waiting for the big reveal here is a little preview. 


We are anticipating that the garage transformation will be something a little like this.


(Insert, "Ohhh, ahhh!")
The bottom photo is of a house that Mr. Contractor renovated a few years ago. My apologies for the poor quality photo.  You get the idea at least.

Recently, a good friend of ours, Chelsea asked what we were going to do with the old garage doors. (Side note: A Page In Our Book is Chelsea's blog. She helped inspire and encourage me to start Howdy Hon. All together now, "Thank you Chelsea!") She is creative, crafty, and a lover of all things rustic, a little like yours truly. So, I knew we were having the same train of thought. Because...

Just days before she asked me that question I had already checked with Mr. Contractor to see if I could keep the doors to "do something artsy". Pretty sure that he would call me crazy, I didn't have much hope. He surprised me by saying, 'it wasn't a bad idea' and that he would keep them for me. He even said he knew "a guy" who can safely strip the lead-based paint.  A good plan, considering H and I are hoping not to have two headed children in the (distant-ish) future. 

I've heard eating paint chips is bad for you?   


Here are some ideas for repurposed wood doors that I have found (and love) on Pinterest.

Headboards

Sliding doors

Table


Which is your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. My favorite is def. the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sliding door to bedroom, to be more specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love. I guess you should have a (little) say in it. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yipee! SO JEALOUS that you have those amazing doors to work with. I've been keeping my eye out for one that we can use for our eventual "master" (I use that term loosely) bathroom remodel. My vote is with Hadyn for the sliding bedroom doors. Although - my mom recently used a door as a headboard at the lake and it looks great!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha - I'm a colleague of Hadyn's and love finding new blogs! Love what you guys are doing with the house!! I would 100% vote for the sliding bedroom doors! And one day if you sell the house, what a great thing to tell potential buyers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allie! I love the idea of keeping a little soul of the original house as well.

      Delete
  5. The first picture with the headboards.

    ReplyDelete