7/17/12

The Final Countdown

Everything is happening so quickly at the house now. Thankfully, because two weeks from today we are supposed to move out of our rental. (ohmygoodnessiamfreakingout)

Last week our closets were built but, looked a little bare. 
Our master walk-in closet, then.
(for future reference this is, "Side B")

Mr. C requested that I tell him how we wanted the master walk-in closet to be customized. Rather than typing a lengthy (and most likely confusing) essay describing the closet; I decided to channel my inner architect.

(Don't be jealous of my amazingly untapped and outstanding graphics skills) 


When I went to see the house this week my vision had come alive!



"Side A"




"Side B"


"Side C"

Corner of "B/C" 

Both of the smaller bedroom closets look like this.


The trim (was installed), closets, and internal doors have all been painted. I promised you that they wouldn't stay that yucky off-white color with the gold hardware!


A few weeks ago, Mr. C asked me to choose two paint colors that would go throughout the house. There is a "house color" which, the majority of the walls will be painted. As well as a second color that is going in the master bedroom and the second bath. You can see a smidgen of that color in the picture below. Please note that this is one, wet coat of the color that was accidentally (whoops!) painted in the master bath; so, not that accurate of a portrayal but, good enough for a teaser.


I will (officially) revile both of the colors later this week.

Last week you saw the second bath's tile. Now, here is a sneak peak at the the master bath tile.


The kitchen pantry shelves were built and installed.

The windows and doors were trimmed.
Kitchen window (above sink)

The door to the back "patio" was installed. Here is one of the doors (& me- Hi Mom!)

AC unit. Which, apparently even H's oldest brother, "Big J" who, is an expert in such equipment was impressed with the model.

Things that are still to come:
Paint
Flooring
Cabinets
Posts and rails for internal staircase
Plumbing fixtures
Appliances
Fence
Stairs to RTD
Garage door
For now, the construction crew boards it up each night with that trusty plywood.

Two weeks to go. Anyone placing any bets?

2 comments:

  1. AH! I have been so behind!!! This is looking SO AMAZING. I can't wait to see it (someday).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are forgiven. I think you may have a few other things on your mind and taking up your time! But, what an adorable distraction!

      Delete