9/24/12

Girls Night In

Moving 2,000 + miles away from the majority of my closets friends a few years ago was then, and continues to be difficult for me. Finding new friends the older you get is also more difficult than one would imagine. Especially, since H and I never seem to stay in one place. 
It's hard to hit a moving target!

I would say the most difficult part about being in a new place is the lack of a local support group. Sure, I am making friends here in Charm City like my BBFF, James. And I'm not sure I could have survived here on the east coast this long without the love from H's childhood friends (and their wives) and my family that is (kinda) nearby. Especially, my cousins B and C! Love you girls! 

But, it's hard to replace those friends who have known you since you were a wee lassie. 

So... last week when my friend from home, Megs, came up with the brilliant idea to stay connected by having a girls night in via Skype with a few of our bestest girls, I jumped on it! 

This foursome that once was all in one spot is now sprinkled all over the country and missing each other dearly.

I don't always love technology. (Sometimes I'd rather spend my days in a cabin in the mountains with nothing but a good book and some sweet company, maybe that's what retirement is for). But, for now, thank goodness for the internet and video chat!

That was the best 2.5 hours of laughter I've had in a while! Love you beautiful ladies!


5 comments:

  1. Want you to know I check your blog about 5x/day. hahaha. LOVE this post!!! You are beautiful Sam. And I miss you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny Sunshine! Love and miss you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! I have to say though that we love that you are on the east coast :) Wish we were closer to you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just now getting caught up on your blog and have loved all the new organizational projects! I ce across this post and you couldn't have said it better. It was the best two hours for me too. Love you and miss you all the way from the west coast!

    ReplyDelete