8/13/12

Our First Week

Admittedly, I have been a bad girl and have not updated enough. Pictures of the house will be up tomorrow. But, until then I thought I'd share a little bit about how our first week in Charm City went.

Here are some stats.

Days H walked to work: 5
Hours I spent commuting to work: 5
Hours spent looking for parking after work: 1.5 (Cannot wait until the garage is free and clear!)
Hours spent watching TV: 0 (No cable yet and kinda loving it. H, not so much.)
Sutures needed for me: 5
Emergency surgeries for Miss Maui: 1

To keep it brief. Someone (H) thought they were doing a good thing for the dog by playing fetch (with a stick as opposed to a ball) with her. I have always tried to impose a "no stick" rule because I have heard the horror stories of dog vs stick mishaps. But, I can't always be around to ensure the rules are being followed. Needless to say, while Maui was chasing down said stick it jammed in the back of her throat and a large piece broke off. I came home to her hacking, drooling foamy blood, and acting a little out of sorts. If a lab won't eat... there is a problem. 

H and I took her first thing Saturday morning to a nearby veterinarian clinic and she was whisked back for surgery. 
To remove this piece of wood which was almost entirely embedded in the back of her throat.
This made for a rather unproductive and costly Saturday. 

The good thing was that we found our new vet. A little more dramatically than we would have liked but, we were so pleased with her. Thank you Dr. McMichael! 

By, Sunday she was feeling a little more like herself. After all that trauma I thought she deserved a little popsicle on the RTD.
If you look closely at my thumb you will notice some little blue sutures. Small work mishap that also made the week just a tad more interesting.

While all of that was happening here, I was getting updates on my cousin B and her husband M (who I referred to as our "first house guests") who welcomed their first child into the world. 

Introducing Jack Michael! Isn't he just the most handsome boy?!
 Photo credit: Matty Liv (thanks!)

Counting the days we can get to Pittsburgh to meet this little angel! 

So, all in all this week things were new and interesting; the ride was a little bumpy but, the outcome has been splendid. 

Such is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment