7/24/12

TBC


Last week I showed you a list of To Be Completed (TBC) items. Here is the updated list.

TBC
✓  Paint
✓  Flooring (first floor hardwoods have since been installed)
✓  Cabinets
     Posts and rails for internal staircase
     Plumbing fixtures
✓  Appliances (purchased-to be delivered by Thursday)
     Fence
     Stairs to RTD
     Garage door

I should add:
     Countertops (measured and being cut)
     Permit (contact made, fingers crossed)

Just to prove it to you:

Paint


Flooring
Dark Maple hardwoods (love!)

Appliances (purchased) 
It was a long and rough Friday night project, and I wasn't quite sure if H was going to make it.


But, like a proud father (or super fridge owner) he could barely take his eyes (or hands) off of his most prized possession. Don't know a lot of people who like food more than H.

Here is the spot where the new super fridge will live.

Cabinets

One thing I am going to note about the kitchen cabinets is that, I had to do a little bartering (begging and compromising) to get exactly what I wanted. 

During the design process we took out the cabinets that were originally supposed to be here (see big red star).

In order to get this spectacular island.

From the living room.

I am hoping to put a few open shelves up on the empty wall for displaying some of our pretty and colorful things. I actually think I prefer this design layout better than cabinets all the way around. You?

My other favorite thing about our kitchen is that I requested bench seating in the dining "room". After only a little begging, Mr. C obliged. (gotta love him)
There is still a backing that was being built at the time I snapped this photo.

View of the kitchen from the dining "room"


T-minus 7 days (but really, who is counting?)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE! You are a design superstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chels - impossible to take anything but a little of the credit, Mr. C is muy tatentoso.

      Delete