2/3/13

Help! I've Fallen...

... and I am trying to get back up. Clearly, I have fallen off of the posting train. My apologies if any of you out there are still reading (or trying to).

What the heck happened? Well...

Frustratingly, all things house related (wires, electricity, closing, etc) took a serious halt through the December and most of January. In the past week we finally powered through all of that nonsense. (I will divulge details & pictures soon.)

While we were waiting to move things along on the housing front the holidays came and went. Actually, right before the holidays was my birthday. Disclosure: I do not make a big deal about my birthday and prefer everyone else follows suite. The people out there who insist force others to participate in their "birthday week" (or month-yikes!) make absolutely no sense to me. You are not that cool "princess". But, for that night H did just that, he made me feel pretty special. He took me out to a fancy, French restaurant here in Charm City that was beautiful and delicious! 



He also surprised the hell out of me by giving me this bad boy.



I have been dreaming of a big-girl camera for a couple of years now but, had no expectation of receiving one anytime soon. SPOILED! Thank you H! xo

This is where things started going downhill for me. I am pretty sure it is a combination of a lot of things but, here are the top three: 


  • FirstI.MISS.MY.FAMILY!!! & I.MISS.MY.FRIENDS!!!
  • SecondI finally understand why so many people out here dislike winter. It is because east coast winters suck: Cold. Grey. Dirty. Dark. Rain. = Blechh!                                   NOT like J Hole: White. Soft. Fluffy. Activity-filled. Beauty=Amazing!
  • Third, I have not been exercising. At least not more than a walk a day with Miss Maui and a day (maybe two) at the gym. We all know that exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. 


Then came Christmas. I was having a particularly difficult time getting into "the spirit" this year (see reasons above) and was hoping to have a little help in that department when we traveled town to Lynchburg. I fondly refer to H's home town as "Pleasantville" and the past few years we have spent Christmas there with H's family. It has been great, we have shared a lot of laughs, and had an all around good time. 

Little did we know, this year, Christmas was canceled in Pleasantville. (For a multitude of reasons that are not mine to divulge.)

After that (not so fun) trip we decided to spend a quiet, uneventful night at home for NYE. Which, would have been perfect had we not gotten into a tiff at 11:58. 

Lesson: Breathe. Then live, learn, & don't sweat the small stuff.

Into 2013 we dove, trying to make the start of this year better than the end of last. It has been slowly but, steadily progressing in that direction. As soon as this awful football season is over (7 hours and counting) I am hoping to start focusing on my goals and what will make me happy. In case you're wondering, this is how I feel about living in Baltimore while the dirty birds are in the Super Bowl.

My new approach at turning things around for myself is this: Perspective is instrumental. Energy is powerful. Align those two in a positive way and (sing it with me now) every little thing is gonna be alright!



2 comments:

  1. WE MISS YOU! Come visit us!! It's a little more doable than going all the way to JH right? However - that Soft. White. Fluffy stuff - I'd like some of that too! We haven't had it either :( At least not since right after Christmas. Hang in there and spend some time with your new camera taking pics of sweet Maui. xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I am hanging in there and we are working on a visit. Vermont is on our TO DO (ASAP) list! Love to the family, xo.

      Delete