10/11/12

Grocery list

Pantry's may be abundant in country homes but, in a city dwelling, they are about as common as finding a kid at school in summer. The fact that we have a pantry in our home is just another sweet bonus to this city home. It's just lovely.

One night, I had a brain storm and decided to jazz up these pantry doors. Well, maybe not jazz up so much as give them a dual purpose. This white door was just screaming for a little something chalky. Hmmmm, doesn't "chalky" mean 'white'? Wait for it... 

For a while now, I have been trying to find some fun uses for this can of chalk board paint I bought at one of the home improvement stores.
 
I taped off the upper, inside panels of the door.

And got to painting.

Believe me, I am well aware that this is not some huge transformation but, the usefulness of a little back side grocery list is pretty handy. 

What ever we realize we are out of, or if our little stomachs are craving something special, we write down on the new "chalk board". 

We then, can close the door to keep all of our dirty little secrets hidden from the rest of the world. 

The best thing is, before heading out to the market,  I will take a picture with my iphone and vwala our grocery list is in my hot little hand.


Off to stalk up now! Whole Foods or Harris Teeter? H doesn't use "hippie" soap so, guess it's the Teeter tonight. 

6 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem in my classroom. I am the one classroom (despite my requests) with only chalkboards. I want to buy dry erase paint, but shockingly, Laramie's Walmart doesn't have it, weird I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. More like a lazy, WT version of Martha Stewart.

      Delete
  3. Well isn't this smart!?! I was thinking to myself...I guess she just copies that list onto paper when she goes to the groc store but you are so much more clever than that! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND when you say "hippie" soap - is it something like my "Beauty without Cruelty" shampoo that Hadyn enjoyed making fun of when we visited?

    ReplyDelete