5/9/12

First Floor Plans

You've been given the facts. Now its time to see just what I'm talking about.  

Today I drew up a floor plan of our first level using a nifty (free) website (floor planner) that allows you to customize your own floor plans. It should be close to scale considering I used the dimensions from the official floor plans. Yes, I have copies of the actual floor plans from the architect but, I wasn't sure if it was kosher to scan those in for the blog. 
You know, copy right laws and all that jazz.  

Here's the first floor in all of her glory.  
This is the most basic plan. I didn't orient the kitchen yet because that is still a work in progress. The sink will sit below the window but, other than that we are still hammering out the details (island, peninsula, dimensions etc).

Useful information: Many city (especially Baltimore) row houses are traditionally very looong and skinny. Our house is unique because we are combining two houses to make a much wider home. This means we will have 24 feet to work with rather than a measly 14', 12', or even 10'. We are also looking at about 40+ feet in length.

If you look back up to the floor plan, most of the row homes that I know of only have the left side of the house. Living room, stairs, dining room, kitchen. Thats it. Thats all she wrote. However, our house has all of those features while adding a garage (RARE!), mud room (may have seen ONE other in my year long house search), a half bath (seldom seen or done right; meaning someone taller than I am doesn't knock their head while washing their hands), and a bonus space (BONUS SPACE?!) .  

Currently, the "bonus" is labeled "OFFICE" however it may end up being a den, a breakfast nook, or a disco room. Complete with a mirrored ball and DJ booth. Ya dig?


The second floor layout will come when those plans are more firm. 

Patience young grasshopper.

P.S. It's still raining.



5 comments:

  1. where is my bedroom? Poppa Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet shared information on the roof-top deck. I presume you and JMP3 will be most comfortable camping out up there, knowing how much you love to camp and all. Extreme (urban) camping!

      Delete
  2. Please do a disco room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you, Aaron, and that adorable baby of yours promise to boogie with us someday!

      Delete